Thursday, July 19, 2012

The day has come.......


This morning the doctors made their way to Ivy's room at about 10am.  They told me how great she looked and how great things are going.  I asked if that meant we could go home, and they said yes.  Ivy smiled, while they were still in the room even!  I asked them to discharge us first because the boys would be leaving with grandma and grandpa to Bear Lake at 3, and I wanted to say goodbye because I won't see them again until near the end of August.  They agreed to discharge us right away, and kept their word.  We left just a few hours later.


Ivy is now out of the hospital and resting peacefully on grandma Marde's couch.  She insisted she was not tired and within 2 minutes was out cold.  We made it here in time to say goodbye to Grandma and Grandpa and our 2 cute boys before they all headed out for more Bear Lake fun.  They greeted us with cute "Welcome home Ivy" signs on the front door.   

It was so fun to see everybody.  I hadn't seen the other three kids since Sunday, and I was afraid Echo wouldn't like me anymore.  Luckily, I was wrong.  She still loves me.  The boys were so sweet and cute and I can't believe its going to be a whole month before I see them again.  I already miss them.

Ivy is still on oxygen, and unfortunately we didn't bring our oxygen concentrator with us so we are using travel tanks now.  We only have enough to last about 30 or so hours, so we'll be heading home to Boise tomorrow.  So far Ivy is doing really well, and is just so happy to be away from all those doctors and nurses!  She still has a long 6 week recovery ahead, but I think she'll do great!

Thanks to everyone's kind words and comments and prayers and babysitting and books to lend, and mowing our lawn at home, etc.  We really appreciate everything everyone has done.  My heart is overwhelmed.

No comments:

Post a Comment