Sunday, November 30, 2008

Finally an encouraging day

Since Ivy's emergency surgery last Monday, I've been a little discouraged. They have told us nearly everyday since Wednesday or Thursday that she would get her breathing tube out "tomorrow" and it just didn't happen. They told us that she should progress faster from her second surgery since she had done it once, but it didn't seem to be going any faster to us. I have to admit that I was getting a little depressed and cried a few times for really no reason. But finally today we got some good news when we walked in the door. The nurse was sitting in a rocking chair holding our little Ivy, who didn't have a breathing tube or the IV's in her heart or the drainage tubes in her chest. She looked so great! We immediately washed our hands and took the baby from the nurse. I held her for a good hour and a half, then Scott took a turn and held for about the same amount of time. It was just what I needed to chase the blues away!





Also, while we were there a genetics expert came and asked us to take part in a study, I won't go into detail but he needed to take a DNA sample from both Scott and I and Ivy as well. In case you don't already know, Scott is terrified of needles (even though he has never had his blood drawn) and he wanted nothing to do with the study. I talked him into since it would help people in the future, and forced him to get his blood drawn. He took it like a trooper and didn't cry, puke, or pass out. What a man!!

No comments:

Post a Comment