Thursday, November 6, 2008

The Big Day



It is officially the big day! In about seven hours Scott and I are due at the University Hospital in SLC to be induced to have our sweet baby girl. I should be sleeping, but of course, I can't. I don't think I have ever been so nervous in my life. In anticipation of this day, Scott and I have done a lot of praying and fasting with our family and friends (I pray, not fast, I am pregnant after all), and have tried very hard to remain optimistic. On Tuesday we went to the Jordan River Temple, just the two of us, and sat in the celestial room, just hoping for some peace. It was really nice and comforting for us, and I am thankful that we were able to do it. Scott, my dad, and my father-in-law also gave me a blessing tonight, and afterwards the two dads gave Scott a blessing as well. We are very scared about everything tomorrow, but are willing to accept God's will. We just wanted to thank everyone who has helped us in any way over these last few difficult months, even if it was just through prayer. It really means the world to us that so many people really care. We also want to thank everyone for being patient and understanding when we shut everyone out to deal with things on our own, and for respecting our wishes when we didn't want to talk about it. We love you all and appreciate all the support we have been given.

On a different note, since today was my last day being pregnant with this baby we decided to take a few belly photos for posterity. While I was pregnant with Dex we did some pics of Corbin kissing my belly, so we thought it would be fun to do that again. So if you don't like seeing stretch marks, don't look (I am covered with them), but if you don't mind enjoy. I think the pics turned out very cute.


No comments:

Post a Comment