Thursday, July 2, 2009

Ivy's Latest Cath

So Ivy had her cath today, the one we didn't plan on. Dr. Jerkface (I'm not going to say his real name since I can't stand his freaking guts) said she did fine. They did some things that will make her Glenn procedure a little easier when the time comes in 3 or 4 months. After the cath they said she needed to be in the picu overnight, which we hate. The picu is loud, there's nowhere to sit, and there's nowhere to sleep. If I want to stay over night with her I have to fight other parents for a room, and I am just so sick of being here, that I don't know if I even want to.

Dr. Jerkface said she would probably need to stay a few more days, even though originally he told us that it would be just overnight. When I pointed this out to him he got defensive and said that Ivy would never be normal and we agreed to go along for the ride when we first made attempts to save her. "I know that Dr. Jerkface!!" Can you tell this doctor is not my favorite person.

So anyway, we are in the picu waiting room now, because its shift change and they wont let us in for another hour. We don't know what we are doing tonight, but we are just hoping she can get out of the annoying picu as soon as possible. I guess that's all the frustrations I care to vent out for now. I'm sure I'll have more adventures with Dr. Jerkface to share in the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment