Friday, July 3, 2009

Home for the Holiday!

Well, not exactly home, but out of the hospital!

I decided to sleep back at Marde's house last night, to get a good nights sleep, and to see my boys, who I hadn't seen since tuesday morning. It was wonderful, by the way. I think that is probably the first time I've been able to sleep through the night in about 6 months. Anyway, I was getting ready to head back over to the hospital this morning, to hang out with Ivy and pester the docs into letting her transfer back into the surgical unit, when all the sudden my phone rang. It was Ivy's nurse at primary's, he told me to come pick her up, they were letting her go home!! I seriously sprinted up the stairs to tell Scott, and was out the door in less than three minutes.

It took about a half hour to sign all the papers, and pack up her stuff, and we were back at Marde's by noon. What a marvelous day!! I couldn't be more happy that they let her go. Fortunately, I didn't have to see Dr. Jerkface again. Maybe when we have to come back in a few months I will have had enough time to forgive him for being a jerkface and I wont have to fight my impulses to punch him in the face, but for now, it's probably best that he kept his distance.

Here are some pictures from our last 3 and a half days at primary children's. Notice how happy Ivy is in every single picture. That is because she was being her normal, cute, NOT sick self! Enjoy.




No comments:

Post a Comment