Monday, December 27, 2010

Two weeks of fear are over

day was our appointment with Maternal Fetal Medicine to have an ultrasound. It was a VERY long ultrasound that pretty much left no stone unturned (except baby's gender), and ended with the most incredible, and amazing news. Our little baby is developing exactly as it should. Everything looked normal. EVERYTHING. From its brain to its kidneys, from its heart to its stomach. Things were where they should be, the size they should be and functioning as they should be. We feel as though a huge weight has been lifted from our shoulders, and we are elated and relieved beyond words. It is the completely opposite feeling we had the first time we stepped foot out of that office, and we couldn't be happier. There is a lump in my throat as I think of all the people who have been praying for us, and I am comforted in knowing that the Lord was with us through it all. Thank you to all of you. Also, I am sorry if I worried anyone (Marde) by not calling or blogging promptly. I know I have a tendency to close in and shut people out when something bad happens (for example finding out our last baby had a heart defect, I kept to myself, cried a lot, and didn't answer the phone), so I understand why you may have thought the worst. It wasn't my intention to upset anyone.

Anyway, here are a few ultrasound pics (sorry about the terrible quality).
That is the baby's heart and heart rate. The rate was 137 bpm.


This is a view of baby's nose viewing upwards from the chin. I thought it was funny because it reminds me of the end of Charlie Brown's Christmas when they all face up to sing "Hark the Herald Angels Sing" Its showing that the baby does not have a cleft lip.


Baby's adorable profile. SO CUTE.

Ps. We decided not to find out the gender of the baby, but Scott thinks he saw evidence of a boy, and the Ultrasound lady said "he" a few times. I'm still holding onto the hope of another girl though. We'll find out in May I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment